Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Healthy Lunch Chipotle Chicken Breasts with Rice
(Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 7 min | Servings 4)
· 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
· 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
· 1/3 cup of orange juice
· ¼ cup of cilantro, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon of chili powder
· 1 teaspoon of orange zest
· 1 teaspoon of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
· 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
· ½ teaspoon of cumin
· Black pepper
1. Season the chicken breasts with some salt and the chili powder then heat the oil in a skillet and cook them in it for 3 min on each side and set them aside.
2. Stir in the orange juice into the same skillet and cook it for 1 min then stir in the rest of the ingredients including the chicken and cook them for another minute on medium to high heat.
3. Mix the rice with cilantro in a mixing bowl and adjust its seasoning then serve you chicken with cilantro rice and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, add in 1 teaspoon of brown sugar with the orange juice and enjoy.
(Calories: 283 | Total Fat: 4 g | Protein: 29 g| Total Carbs: 32 g)