Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Gluten Free Rice Pasta Soup
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 25 min | Servings 6)
· 28 ounces of tomato sauce
· 8 cups of water
· 3 ½ cups of small brown rice pasta
· 1 cup of any cheese, shredded
· 2 tablespoons of honey
· 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon of dry coriander, ground
· Black pepper
1. Combine 7 cups of water with honey, garlic, coriander, tomato sauce and 2 teaspoons of salt in a large pot then bring them to a boil.
2. Wisk the rest of water with cornstarch until it completely dissolves then stir it into the pot when it is boiling.
3. Add in the pasta and cook it uncovered for 8 to 12 min or until it is done.
4. Once the time is up, stir in the cheese until it dissolves then cover the pot and turn off the heat.
5. Allow the soup to cool down for 30 min then serve it and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, stir in ½ teaspoon of dry oregano to the soup then serve it warm and enjoy.
(Calories: 356 | Total Fat: 7.8 g | Protein: 9.8 g| Total Carbs: 61.6 g)