Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
High Protein Creamy Fish Stew
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Servings 6)
· 1 pound of shrimp, shells reserved
· 12 ounces of cod fillets, cut into chunks
· 2 ½ cups of low sodium chicken
· 1 cup of low fat milk
· 8 baby red potatoes, rinsed and halved
· 2 medium tomato, diced
· 2 shallots, peeled and minced
· 1 ½ tablespoons of brown rice flour
· 2 teaspoon of olive oil
· Black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté in it the shallot for 3 min then flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Sauté them for another 2 min then add in the broth gradually while whisking all the time until the flour dissolves.
3. Add in the potatoes and bring them to a boil then lower the heat and simmer it for 4 min with the cover on.
4. Add the cod chunks and simmer them for 5 min then stir in the shrimp and simmer them for another 5 min.
5. Once the time is up, stir in the rest of the ingredients and adjust the seasoning of the stew then simmer it for another 3 min.
6. Serve your stew warm and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, add ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the stew and enjoy.
(Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 5 g | Protein: 30 g| Total Carbs: 14 g)