Not For Tourists Guide to Seattle (2016)
West & South Seattle
White Center / South Park / Beverly Park
Where can you find two spacious, members-only country clubs poised over an industrial waterway area rivaling the worst of North Jersey and a town hub thick with ethnic markets and seedy tattoo parlors? Step right up folks--it’s all here! Yup, life in White Center (a.k.a Rat City for reasons best left to urban legend) means never having to leave the ‘hood for fun.
• Westcrest Park • 9000 8th Ave SW
Four-acre dog park has trails, balls, water dishes, and an obstacle course!
• Caffè Delia • 9622 16th Ave SW
The darling of White Center, serving Velton’s coffee and Macrina pastries out of Proletariat Pizza.
• Dubsea Coffee • 9910 8th Ave SW
The Bohemian coffee house is alive and well.
• Hecka Good Cafe • 10801 Myers Way S
Not bad. Not bad at all.
• Java Express • 11600 Des Moines Memorial Dr
On way to or coming from SeaTac.
• Loretta’s Northwesterner • 8617 14th Ave S
Wood paneling and classic beer signs from the 9 LB Hammer folks.
• Muy Macho • 8515 14th Ave S
206-763-3484 • $
Good and cheap. Brain and tripe.
• Pacific Industrial Supply Co. • 1231 S Director St
Industrial hardware junkie? Get your fix here.
Map 39 • SoDo / Beacon Hill / Georgetown