HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training (2015)
GETTING STARTED & UNDERSTANDING HIIT
8 HEALTH AND SAFETY
This is one of the most important sections to read in this book, because your health and safety is the most important thing, and you should always apply these rules when you work out.
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS:
· Warm up, stretch, and then cool down as part of your workouts.
· Listen to your body, if something hurts or doesn’t feel right, then stop.
· Drink plenty of water.
· If outdoors, then wear sunscreen and avoid the midday sun.
· If outdoors, always take a mobile phone with you and always let someone know where you are going.
· If outdoors, wear bright clothing.
· Work out if you are feeling unwell.
· Be impatient after an injury and rush back to exercise; be patient as it will pay dividends in the long run.
· Work out on an empty stomach.
· Exercise through pain.
AND MOST IMPORTANLTY, NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF AND ALWAYS FIND THE TIME TO DO ONE OF MY HIIT WORKOUTS.