Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Chickpea Summer Detox
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 0 min | Servings 4)
· 15 ounces of canned chickpeas, drained
· 4 cups of iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
· 4 cups of romaine lettuce, finely chopped
· ¼ cup of red olive oil
· 3 ounces of pepperoni, sliced
· 1 package of DeLallo SaladSavors® Sharp flavor, with Asiago cheese, marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes
· 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
· 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and minced
· 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
· 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
· 1 teaspoon of dry thyme
· Black pepper
1. Whisk the vinegar with thyme, oregano and vinegar, mustard and garlic in a small bowl to make the dressing and set it aside.
2. Toss the chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a bowl then let it marinate for 30 min.
3. Once time is up, add in the rest of the dressing with the rest of the ingredients to the chickpea bowl and toss them gently.
4. Adjust the seasoning of your salad then serve it and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, toss in 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken to the salad and enjoy.
(Calories: 632 | Total Fat: 28.9 g | Protein: 26.2 g| Total Carbs: 68.8 g)