Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Busy Night Slowly Cooked Chicken Creole
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 4 h 7 min | Servings 8)
· 3 pounds of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
· 30 ounces of tomato, finely chopped
· 6 ounces of homemade tomato paste
· 2 cups of onion, finely chopped
· 2 cups of bell pepper, diced
· 2 cups of celery, finely chopped
· 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
· 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
· 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
· 1 teaspoon of dry thyme
· 2 bay leaves
1. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté in it the onion with garlic, celery and bell pepper for 5 to 7 min.
2. Transfer the veggies mix to the slow cooker and stir into it the rest of the ingredients.
3. Cover the pot and cook the stew for 4 h on low.
4. Once the time is up, adjust the seasoning of your stew then serve it warm and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier,
(Calories: 308 | Total Fat: 10 g | Protein: 41 g| Total Carbs: 14 g)