Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Energizing Chickpea Tomato Soup
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Servings 4)
· 15 ounces of chickpeas, soaked for an overnight
· 15 ounces of coconut milk
· 1 cup of tomato, diced
· ½ cup of white onion, diced
· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 tablespoon of jalapenos, minced
· 1 teaspoon of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon of garam masala
· 1 teaspoon of cumin
· ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
· ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
· Black pepper
1. Drain the soaked chickpeas and place them in a pressure cooker with a pinch of salt then cover them with water and cover the pot.
2. Bring the cooker to pressure then cook the chickpeas for 18 to 20 min on high pressure the drain it and set it aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté in it the onion with garam masala, cilantro, cumin, ginger and turmeric for 3 min.
4. Add in the jalapenos with tomato and chickpeas then cook them for another 3 min while stirring all the time.
5. Once the time is up, stir in the coconut milk and simmer the soup for another 3 min.
6. Adjust the seasoning of your soup then serve it warm and enjoy.
Make it faster
To reduce 20 min of the cooking process, substitute the raw chickpeas with 1 can of chickpeas and enjoy.
(Calories: 709| Total Fat: 39 g | Protein: 23.7 g| Total Carbs: 73.9 g)