Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Clean Eating Crusty Apple Pie
(Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 45 min | Servings 6)
· 1 ½ cups of whole wheat pastry flour
· 2/3 cup of coconut oil
· ½ cup of oat flour
· 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
· ½ teaspoon of salt
· 3 pounds of Granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced
· ½ cup of coconut palm sugar
· 1 egg
· 2 tablespoons of white wheat flour
· 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
· 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
· 1 pinch of ground of nutmeg
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them with your hands until you get a crumbly mix.
2. Add in 2 tablespoons of icy water while mixing all the time until you get smooth dough then wrap it in a plastic foil and refrigerate it for 30 min.
3. Beat the egg in a small bowl and set it aside.
4. Toss in the rest of the ingredients in large bowl then let them sit for 15 min.
5. Roll half of the pie crust on a working surface and lay it in a greased baking dish then fill it with the apples mix.
6. Roll the second half of the crust and cut into stripes then garnish the pie with it and brush it with the beaten egg.
7. Preheat the oven on 400 F.
8. Bake the pie for 45 min then serve it and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the apple mix and enjoy.
(Calories: 562 | Total Fat: 26.2 g | Protein: 6 g| Total Carbs: 81.2 g)