Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Low Carb Dinner Mushroom and Beef Steak Skillet
(Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Servings 4)
· 4 (5 ounces) thick top loin steaks
· 1 pound of mixed mushrooms
· ½ cup of low sodium beef broth
· 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
· 1 teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce
· 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
· Black pepper
1. Season the steaks with some salt and pepper then heat the oil in a skillet and sear them in it for 4 to 6 min on each side or until you are satisfied and let them rest for 5 min.
2. Cook the garlic for 30 sec in the same skillet on medium heat then add in the 1 kind of mushroom at times then cook them for 4 to 6 min or until they are done.
3. Once the time is up, stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer them for 2 min then serve your steaks with the mushroom stir fry right away and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, add in ½ teaspoon of fresh oregano to the mushroom stir fry and enjoy.
(Calories: 254 | Total Fat: 10 g | Protein: 36 g| Total Carbs: 5 g)