Eating Clean Challenge: 25 Whole Food Recipes To Eat Better, Look Great, and Become Healthy - Paul Wilson (2016)
Big Muscle Beef and Quinoa Stew
(Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 1 h | Servings 6)
· 2 pounds of round beef roast, diced
· 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
· 1 cup of quinoa, raw
· 4 carrots, sliced
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 1 cup of fresh peas
· 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
· 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
· 5 peppercorns
· Black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté in it the carrots with onion for 3 min then drain them and set them aside.
2. Heat the skillet again on high heat then season the beef with some salt and pepper and sear it until it becomes golden brown.
3. Whisk the broth with cornstarch in a bowl until it completely dissolves then pour it all over the rest of the ingredients.
4. Lower the heat and cover the skillet then cook them for 45 min.
5. In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
6. Once the time is up, serve you beef stew warm with the quinoa and enjoy.
Make it tastier:
To make it tastier, add in ½ cup of diced mushroom to the onion and carrot mix and enjoy.
(Calories: 409.8 | Total Fat: 9.6 g | Protein: 35.7 g| Total Carbs: 29.7 g)